ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Monday, May 09, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven : A Movie Review

Recently I went to see "Kingdom of Heaven" and despite all the criticism that preceded it I can say that I was not disappointed at all, I found the movie quite interesting in that it presents a new reading of the Crusdaes , which I had the chance to read about as part of my history studies in university.The conclusion that I, pesonnally, came with is that the movie gave a balanced view of both Moslems and Christians and that in any religion there are both "fundamentalists" and "moderates" that try to impose their own ideology. In his movie Sir Ridley Scott succeeded, to some extent,in conveying his message that at the end "moderates" from both sides will overcome "fundamentalists".The following is another reading of the "Kingdom" which I read in The Beirut Daily Star where the author considers Ridley's feature as nothing but a "commercial Crusade"...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannibal said...

Did you see the movie?

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home