ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Saturday, July 09, 2005

TV Program On Muslims In America

I came across this neat blog by Velveteen Rabbi, and one of his posts caught my attention. This is what I read:
Last night we watched a fascinating hour of television: an episode of 30 Days, created by Morgan Spurlock. He finds people from one walk of life and places them in a new context for a month, allowing them to really walk a mile in somebody else's shoes.

Spurlock placed David Stacy, a Christian from West Virginia, in a Muslim home in Dearborn, Michigan. For thirty days David dressed as a Muslim, ate as Muslims do, responded to the call to prayer five times a day. And he learned: from his host family and community, from a pair of imams and an Arabic teacher... and from the ordinary experience of interacting with non-Muslim Americans, and seeing those interactions from both sides.


Unfortunately I missed this program but I hope that the producers will make it into a DVD.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about this on Al Jazeera a few days ago and blogged about it too:
http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/002556.html

I think it's a really nice idea. If you get to see it, do let us know what you thought of it :)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

First of all thank you for stopping by in my blog. I found yours interesting and enriching too! I read your post on Spurlok's TV program and I am looking forward to watching the program in case it is made into a DVD.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home