ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Story Of The Python

I somehow hesitated before writing about this subject but my conscious urged me to bring it up in attempt to clarify the true story of the alleged Python that was found somewhere along the Tunisian-Libyan frontier. You may find that the story, in itself, is not of paramount importance but in the world of journalism and blogging, the spirit of investigation, the respect of copyright and faithfulness to original sources is highly important. Well I came across the above mentioned story reading Dicentra, who mentioned the find in her blog, which I like by the way, and she is not to blame since she took the story from an article in a Tunisian newspaper. Having notified Dicentra of the true version of the story, I came across the same story at Babnet website which kindly published my feedback and I would like to thank the webmaster for being so quick to respond.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i 'm agree with you dear hannibal!
i'm a vet et this is no annaconda but rock python of africa!

hélas c'est une fausse information parue sur le journal, une preuve de la médicrité d'une tranche de nos journalistes incappables de verrifier leurs informations!
et le pire c'est toute l'histoire qu'il tisse autour des photos!
merci pour les links!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

C'est vraiment dommage mon cher Adib.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home