ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Islam & Sexuality

This article in the Guardian was triggered, I guess, by another piece (in arabic), I read over Al-Arabiya website a week ago, where an egyptian cleric issued a controversial fatwa declaring a marriage contract illegal if the married couple engage in sexual intercourse while being totally naked!. This fatwa has stirred a tense debate and was recently rejected by several moslem clerics as nonsensical . Coming back to the Guardian's piece, I think that although the author explored several islamic websites looking for clues to the issue of sexuality in Islam, his findings, in my opinion, looked exclusively, upon those fatwas and edicts issued by extremist and radical clerics. I was hoping if he could have provided some balance to his findings by looking into more moderate and open-minded standpoints regarding sexuality in Islam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home