ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Which Religion Is The Right One For You?

I came across this neat quiz via Rastacoolie.

You scored as Islam.
Your beliefs are most similar to those of Islam.
Do more research on Islam and possibly consider
taking the shahadah and
officially becoming a Muslim,
if you aren't already.
Despite the actions of some - who go
against the teachings of Islam -
Islam is a religion of peace;
the word "islam" means "peace through submission to God."
"Muslim" means "one who submits to God."
Islam is the third of the three Abrahamic faiths,
and it shares much with Judaism in Christianity;
its differences are the acceptance of Muhammad
as the last and final prophet, and
the oneness of God - in other words,
that Jesus, though he was a revered prophet,
was not in fact God,
and only one God exists.
Apparently the Taliban could not read
(though their name means "students"),
because the Qur'an states that men and
women are equal as believers, and that
all believers should be educated and
seek knowledge. Modesty in dress and
behavior is required in Islam for both
men and women to preserve the values
of society and move the emphasis from
superificial appearance to intelligence,
knowledge, and God.


Islam

100%

Buddhism

79%

Judaism

75%

Paganism

42%

agnosticism

42%

Satanism

42%

Christianity

33%

Hinduism

25%

atheism

0%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I did this quiz some time ago, I too got Islam as the right religion for me :)

I think Buddhism came second for me too, and even the rest of the results are a lot alike.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

It is quite amazing that I got 79% as Buddhist. This shows that there are a lot of similarities between Islam and Buddhism. I got the chance to visit a buddhist Temple in South Korea and to my surprise when I got into the temple people where performing prayers in a similar manner to muslims, ie, the standing position then the kneeling down and "soujoud". Anyways, I remember what a turkish friend who was studying theology in Tunisia, told me about Buddha, he said that the Quran mentioned several prophets and others were not mentioned, after research he concluded that may be Buddha was one of those porophets on which the Quran was silent, amazing no? well I think this needs more research.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I pretty much believe in everything Buddhism teaches, and don't find it contradictory to Islam, except for the part about reincarnation.

I think that in the end of the day, pretty much every religion preaches the same core message, but it's up to its followers always screw it up.

I visited many buddhist temples in Thailand, and if you forget the huge golden buddha statues, it really looks like any muslim mosque.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

thanks for visiting :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

It's my pleasure thanks for stopping by my blog too!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home