ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Old Stone House

Thanks to my good friend Don Jim, I visited yesterday, The Old Stone House, in Georgetown, Washington, DC. The Old Stone House, one of the oldest known structures remaining in Washington, DC, is a simple 18th century dwelling built and inhabited by common people. The Old Stone House was completed in 1765.




The following pics are those of the "colonial kitchen" at the first floor.













The Second floor, where we could find the dining room and bedroom and which are equally interesting to see, was closed to visitors, why? because I was told that the tourist guide or I don't know had the day off and that is why the second floor was closed.(couldn't they find another tourist guide??! Well I don't need a tourist guide!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannibal said...

Thanks Tarek:

A tunisian answer:

She is not my girl friend nor someone I know :P that was a passer by and I was waiting for her to disappear from the pic but found out that she was there. I wished I could take a pic of the House with no body else in front, but that was a very busy street and you cannot avoid having people in your pics!

9:14 AM  
Blogger SNAWSI said...

Your post reminded me of some of the best days of my life: georgetown is great! I visited the old house and we've even had a guide :-)
She told the group there was sth so special about that house but I can't remember it now.
on a side note, about the " lady in red" : ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Tunisians !!!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

@ snawsi: glad that the pics reminded you of the good time you spent in Georgetown. By the way thank you for the visit:)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home