ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Great Divide: How Westerners & Muslims View Each Other

This is the title of the new report by the Pew Global Attitudes Project. I have not read the report but according to Daniel Pipes,director of the Middle East Forum in Philadelphia,this global survey reveals that many Muslims are at war with reality and bound by extremist theories.

You can download the full report here (PDF).

PS: I do not agree with Pipes' views especially when it comes to the Middle East and Islam but his article via The Australian, is to show how the mind of an extremist is reacting to such issues, thus not helping in finding the real problem but, unfortunately, further complicating it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tarek طارق said...

Hi Hannibal... You should know better than that my friend... Pipes is way out of line... seriously extremist... Some of his old Professors at Princeton and Harvard even express regrets that they taught him a word on the Middle East... His highly politicised discourse leaves no room for minimum objective and scientific assesment... So it's not enough in my view to just mention his interpretation of the report; it's equally important to put a link explaining who is "Daniel Pipes"... don't you think?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

@Tarek: I totally agree, I know Pipes and his ideology of hate. I personally do not agree with his views when it comes to the Middle East. I guess both the report and Pipes' reading of it are fallacious, unfair and they lack objective analysis. It was a mistake that I made a link to Pipes' article for it adds fuel to fire...It's heartbreaking to know that some pseudo human rights defenders in Tunisia consider Pipes as reference! what a shame!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tarek طارق said...

I am not aware that human rights defenders in Tunisia consider him as a reference: can you elaborate more on that please?

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home