ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Eurovision Threatens To Ban Israeli "Terror" Song

"Eurovision is threatening to ban Israel's entry for its annual song contest in because of its "inappropriate" political message.The song is performed by the isareli music band Teapacks and is titled "Push the Button". It has words in french, english and hebrew and - have already been interpreted as addressing fears of a strike by Iran as well as attacks by Palestinian militants. In one verse the band sing:
"The world is full of terror/
If someone makes an error/
He's gonna blow us up to biddy biddy kingdom come/
There are some crazy rulers they hide and try to fool us/
With demonic, technologic willingness to harm."

Ironically, "the band's lead singer Kobi Oz, who is of Tunisian extraction, and is known for his witty and enigmatic lyrics, comes from Sderot, which has born the brunt of Qassam rockets from Gaza, and as a member of a Jewish family from an Arab country is a leading exponent of "Mizrahi cool"." ( more)
To listen to this song follow this link (...)
Source : The Independent

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger قاسم أفندي said...

Thank you very much for your comment on my blog. I am realy appriciate your visit, comment and correction. I've just corrected the mistake.
However, thank God for this mistake that it leads me to this nice blog.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

@قاسم أفندي: It's my pleasure! I shall thank you too for stopping by. I did really like your blog too which was referred to me by another fellow tunisian blogger:) Well keep up the nice work:)

2:26 AM  
Blogger xoussef said...

why to ban it? after all, arab mideterranean coutries chosed to not participate, and i don't blame israeli for expressing what they feel and think. I am curious how much twelve points it will get..

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home