ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Beware When You Buy Underwear

Being someone who likes shopping, I got yesterday some new underwear. Well to this point nothing is unusual except for the fact that coming back home and before trying the new underwear I discovered that I just got by mistake the wrong size!

So I went back to the store and I asked the cashier guy for an exchange.To my surprise, the guy declined my request saying that "he was terribly sorry but underwear cannot be exchanged or returned". I was confused and I asked why? He answered " did you read the return policy on the receipt? ", "what?" I replied, "I rarely read what's written on the receipt except when there's a sale and I just double check if the discount was applied or not", I murmured.

After checking the receipt this is what I read " RETURNS MUST BE IN SELLABLE CONDITIONS.UNDERWEAR/SWIMWEAR CANNOT BE RETURNED DUE TO HEALTH CODES". Well I guess that's a reasonable and understandable condition. But I was somehow nervous, what am I going to do with a 25 bucks underwear that is not my size?.

The guy was again categorical and he refused to do the exchange and I can understand that but how am I going to convince him that I didn't wear the underwear but I just discovered back home that I grabbed the wrong size?.

Anyhow after a quite long discussion, I was able to convince the guy to do the exchange but he made me sign a form where I wrote down my name, my phone number and the reason of the exchange! Well that's today's story so when you decide to buy new underwear, make sure you get the right size and don't forget to read the return policy on the receipt :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Z Y E D said...

c pour ca kon les apelles 'Under ware' !!
u have to beware :)
ya ke moi que ca fait rire ? :p

7:21 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

ca rime aussi avec "hardware",
"software" ( ton domaine :P), ironware, silverware, earthenware etc...Merci pour la visite :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

Hannibal, you're not serious, are you? Didn't you know that you couldn't return underwear? Thank God for that! I don't want to be wearing that stuff knowing another person might've tried it on, and I really can't understand how people could buy that stuff from thrift stores.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Leilouta: let me put it like this. That was the first time I asked for an exchange for an underwear so I was not aware of the fact that these are items that cannot be returned or exchanged, even though you know that you are honest and said the truth.What will you do if you find out that you got the wrong size? you girls have no problem you can give it as a gift but a guy giving an underwear to another guy as a gift seems to me a bit weired :P. Anyhow I agree with you I won't buy woren underwear, never!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home