ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Islam: What The West Needs To know

This is the title of a documentary now playing in Washington DC until July 13. The first time I came across this movie was while reading one of the daily newspapers. The movie ad was so tiny, as on purpose, that it makes it hard for readers to notice it. I haven't seen the movie but I read an abstract of it and honestly I was shocked :
Virtually every major Western leader has over the past several years expressed the view that Islam is a peaceful religion and that those who commit violence in its name are fanatics who misinterpret its tenets. This claim, while widely circulated, rarely attracts serious public examination. Relying primarily on Islam’s own sources, this documentary demonstrates that Islam is a violent, expansionary ideology that seeks the destruction or subjugation of other faiths, cultures, and systems of government.
I wonder who is behind such a vilifying project and does it really help the West understand Islam? I doubt it!

4 Comments:

Blogger A. said...

If this line shocked you then you should read "the end of faith" by Sam Harris, and you'll feel really like a terrorist...

It made my blood boil !

4:11 AM  
Blogger Napo said...

this is troubling..

8:17 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Napo: Indeed, I watched the doc yesterday and it was so vilifying, troubling and dangerous...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Tarek, unfortunately,I don't think it's gonna take place. There was no follow up on the meeting and some bloggers just disappeared from the scene anyway thank you for reminding me of this.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home