ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Today, I Got A Ticket!

Well this might seem a commonplace incident but I was really surprised today to get my first ticket after living 5 years in the US. I never thought that one day I will get one since I am so cautious when it comes to traffic signs and lights. Part of the surprise is that I don't have neither a car nor a truck nor even a bike or a skateboard! Today I got a 20 dollars fine ticket because I simply and inadvertantly walked against the DO NOT WALK sign! I confess: it's my fault after all. Anyway, my anger has been somehow lightened because I was among 10 other pedestrians who did the same violation;)
Hmmm can we apply that in Tunisia?...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tarek طارق said...

seriously... this is ridiculous... the first time I hear someone got a ticket for walking against the Do Not Walk sign... D.C. guys are clearly harsh... But may be the they were overwhlmed by the number of violators (20 you said? at the same time? that's a lot)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Absolutely, Tarek, I thought it were a joke or a candid camera (I thought finally I'll be on ABC or CBN :P) until I saw the seriousness of the cop who arrested us! DC police make lots of money from parking and traffic viloations ! After all 200 bucks in one single catch is not anything...

1:37 PM  
Blogger samsoum said...

I am surprised, you get that a the beginning of the month. Normally this happens towards the end, when Cops did not reach their quotas :))
Sorry man and it is not even jaywalking :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Samsoum: hopefully it's the beginning of the month think about it if it were in Tunis ;)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home