ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

English Journalist Asks Islamic World For Apology

I came across this article reading Sign and Sight, the author is an english journalist Sonia Mikich who following the Danish cartoons, felt offended not by the tasteless toons but by the reaction of the Muslim world. She claims that her traditional values and cultural identity were trampled upon by "bearded ones" and she asks the Islamic world to apologize to her.Great Ms. Mikich!( the family name doesn't sound english to me but this is not a big issue). Now the Muslim world has to apologize for a reckless and irresponsible mistake by a western newspaper? What made me upset and sorry for Ms. Mikich were her hateful comments and threats to the Muslim world look at this:

I demand that the governments of Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Indonesia and Egypt apologise to me. Otherwise I am unfortunately forced to threaten, beat up, kidnap or behead their citizens. Because I am somewhat sensitive about my cultural identity.

I feel offended.
I demand that Hamas, the spokesman of the French Muslims and the Director of the Al-Azhar-University apologise to me. Otherwise I will never spend a holiday at the Taj Mahal, I will call for a boycott of Palestinian fruit and I will set the embassies of Tunisia, Qatar and Bangladesh on fire.

OMG! What?? she will set the Tunisian Embassy on fire?? shall we consider this a " a real terrorist threat" or pretend that she was joking? I hope she was joking.

I feel offended.
I demand that all the editors in chief of newspapers and television broadcasters in the Islamic world apologise to me, because they do nothing to prevent these obscenities.

I am really sorry Ms. Mikich, this kind of ideas won't solve the problem, instead it only adds fuel to fire.

Correction: Ms. Sonia Kichi is born in England but she is also german.

4 Comments:

Blogger programmer craig said...

German lady, german radio station.

http://www.wdr.de/tv/monitor/mikich.phtml

Westdeutschen Rundfunk

Which means west german... something funky

6:11 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

Craig : I checked and found the following :

"Sonia Mikich, am 13. Juli 1951 in Oxford geboren und in London aufgewachsen..."

She was born On July 1951 in Oxford and grown up in London...

http://www.wdr.de/tv/monitor/mikich.phtml

9:57 AM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Which still doesn't make her an english journalist :)

The lady is clearly a german national, working as a german journalist, for the german press. No?

There are tens of thosuands of Americans born overseas every year... they are still Americans. Sometimes they are alos "dual nationals" and sometimes not, but every country grants citzenship (automatically) based on the nationality of the parents. Only some countries grant citizenship (automatically) because of place of birth.

I only point this out because the implication of your post is that the british press was making these editorial comments.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

I got your point craig.I hope now the "the implication is that the german press was making these editorial comments" :P

Thanks for being always around!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home