ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Cigarette That Saved Her Life

Well, we all agree that smoking is dangerous and generally lethal, but this story related by The Express* is kinda funny:

Smoking just might have saved Brenda Comer's life. She said, she had just finished washing dishes Monday and stepped outside to somke a cigarette when and 80-foot oak tree crashed through her roof, landing where she'd been standing just seconds before. " Honey, I know you fuss at me for smoking," Comer told her husband. " But today it saved my life". (AP)

*The Express, is a free daily publication by the Washington Post.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mahéva said...

I have just discovered this blog, and what attracted me especially are the titles of the books which you mentioned in your profile, for you mentioned the very titles we studied at university.
I was planning to stop smoking. Now thanks to this post I am not going to do it.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Hannibal said...

@ I guess you studied in Sousse University too :) anyhow thank you for your visit and I hope that you will stop smoking:))

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home