ThysdrusRoman Coliseum of El-Jem

Panem et Circensis

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tunis, Tunisia, Tunisia

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Planet Of The Arabs



Sometime in December 2005, I wrote a post titled "Hollywood and Washington Sprung From the Same DNA", I was at that time referring to a book written by american professor and author Jack G. Shaheen titled "Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies A People". I contributed my post to Maghreblog.net, when I was a contributer to this blog. Unfortunately the post was lost for ever when the website crashed and was closed :( I regret not having saved a copy of my post but I came across this trailer of a documentary inspired by Shaheen's book and which deals with the image of Arabs according to Hollywood.


Here is the link to the video clip in question (Recently, I encountered technical problems while posting video clips from dailymotion, google video and youtube, so my apologies)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger xoussef said...

thanks, "arabs" neithe don't do anything to change that, maybe because it's useless.

7:44 PM  
Blogger cerebrator said...

Thx for introducing the book, hope I can check it out soon....

I wonder what happened to Russians as favourite enemies in Hollywood films. :D

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home